A mustache on a man is a very familiar sight. Facial hair is a typical secondary sex characteristic of males. The problem is, some women also have a mustache, and it can cause them to be annoyed and to not feel self-confident. Facial hair is common and natural in both sexes and is not a life-threatening health concern. But women who have a noticeable mustache often feel very insecure in social activities and may want to try to rid themselves of excess facial hair. Doing this can increase self-confidence and have beneficial effects on mental and social health. Luckily, there are ingredients commonly found in nearly every kitchen that can be used to remove a mustache. Here are five simple treatments to remove an unwanted mustache that can be done at home.
Turmeric and Egg White.
Egg white and turmeric work together in this natural remedy to get rid of a mustache. If you have eggs and turmeric in your kitchen, you might want to give this recipe a try. As a bonus, the egg white will also tighten your pores and remove whiteheads. Follow these simple instructions to remove a mustache with turmeric and egg whites.
- Take an egg and separate the white from the yolk. This is done by gently cracking the egg, and carefully moving the yolk from one shell half to the other until all the egg white falls into a bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of powdered turmeric to the egg white. Mix well.
- Gently rub this mixture onto the hair of your upper lip.
- Let this concoction sit on your skin for one hour, at which point it will be dry. Peel it off like a facial mask.
- Carefully wash your skin using warm water.
- If you want to completely remove an unwanted mustache, do this four times a week.
Yogurt, Turmeric, and Graham Flour.
If the suggestion above didn’t work for you or isn’t your thing, try this one. Turmeric is used in India to inhibit undesired hair growth and is combined with yogurt and graham flour to make this remedy. Yogurt is good for your skin and will prevent rashes and side effects. If you want to use this method, you will need two teaspoons of yogurt, two teaspoons of graham flour, and two teaspoons of turmeric powder. Here are the instructions.
- Mix all of these ingredients in a bowl.
- Apply this mixture directly to the mustache and leave on for fifteen minutes, or until it dries.
- Use cold water to wash your face off.
Green Bean Flour.
Compared to other ways to remove a mustache, green bean flour will take longer. However, the effects also last longer and it is very safe for the skin. Here are the instructions to easily remove a mustache at home using green bean flour.
- Combine green bean flour with warm water, and an optional addition of turmeric powder.
- Apply this mixture to your mouth area. Leave it on for twenty to twenty-five minutes, or until dry.
- Use a damp cloth to soften the skin. Wipe the mixture away and rinse it off with cool water.
- For the quickest results, do this treatment three times a week.
Orange and Lemon Peel.
A mask made from orange and lemon peels can also be used to remove a mustache. Orange and lemon oils are used in many beauty products and are contained within the peels. These ingredients have the power to naturally cleanse the skin, bleach hair, and then eventually make the hair go away altogether. Here are the ingredients you will need to make this mask:
- One to two teaspoons of olive oil
- One teaspoon of dry orange peel
- One teaspoon of dry lemon peel
- One teaspoon of ground almonds
- One teaspoon of oatmeal
- One teaspoon of rose water
Here is what you will do:
- Grind the dry lemon and orange peels into a powder. This is easy to do with a small electric coffee grinder, or a mortar and pestle. If you use a coffee grinder, don’t use the same one you use for coffee unless you want your coffee to taste like orange peels and your face mask to smell like coffee. Luckily, coffee grinders can be gotten inexpensively.
- Add the oatmeal and almond meal to this powder mixture.
- Stir the powder well, and then add enough olive oil and rose water to form a paste.
- Apply this paste to your face, and then just let it sit there for five to seven minutes.
- Use your fingers to massage in circular strokes. Keep doing this for five to ten minutes.
- Wash your face with water. This mixture should be applied regularly, at least twice a week.
This will be the last natural mustache removal tip you see here. Fenugreek is a natural herb that is very effective in getting rid of any unwanted body hair, whether it is found on the face, chest, or arms. You could soak the seeds in water overnight to use. Or you could do this. You will need two teaspoons of green gram and two teaspoons of fenugreek, as well as some water.
- Grind the fenugreek seeds to a powder.
- Stir it well and then add enough water to get a fine paste.
- Apply this fenugreek paste to your face and wait for it to dry.
- Gently wipe off the dry paste using a soft, dry piece of cloth.
Having an unwanted mustache might not seem like much of a problem, but it can be a bigger problem than you would think. Facial hair can cause women to feel insecure about their appearance and affect their daily social life. A mustache grows because of excess androgens, but it can be removed at home using ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. That is why these five tips have been suggested. If you have an unwanted mustache, try one of these tips and see how it works.